What we are looking for at AgileAus19!
What are we looking for?
Building the AgileAus program is more art than science, and often the most memorable lessons come about in the most unexpected ways.
We have found, however, that over the years the community has landed on some criteria that help encourage the kind of content that has the most potential to deliver value to the AgileAus audience.
When reviewing EOIs to build the Conference program, a team of dedicated stream chairs and reviewers will be considering:
Is what you are sharing your own or your company’s experience? Is it an original perspective on an ancient topic? Is it an honest reflection with unique insights?
Are you able to articulate one idea well? Is your
Are you overtly or covertly trying to sell a product or service? No one wants to see a sales pitch! Vendor-agnostic talks are the go 🙂
Does your idea have the potential to move the AgileAus community forward? Could it be inspiring, enlightening and challenging to a potentially large audience?
Is your idea relevant for the AgileAus audience? Does it address
While receiving feedback is optional in 2019, being open to feedback and input from peers (which again is optional to act upon), is favoured.
In the shortlisting and final stages of reviewing, the reviewing community will be taking special care
- A balance between theory and practice
- A balance between tech and non-tech talks
- A diverse representation of different
organisationsizes (from enterprise to startup), and industries (from financial services to NFP)
- A large variance in speaker roles and job titles
- Ample representation of underrepresented groups and individuals.
It’s a two-way street! When reviewing EOIs for AgileAus19 – the reviewing community commits to:
- Honesty, transparency, support and constructive feedback
- Giving submitters every opportunity to create the best talk they can
- Once confirmed, speakers will be given the utmost support to ensure they have all they need to make their message resonate with the audience!
Have a bright idea you’re keen to share with attendees at AgileAus19? Or know of someone whose thoughts you believe the AgileAus community ought to hear? EOIs to present at the Conference have now opened!
We can’t wait to hear all your insights!
This blog is part of an AgileAus19 program design series – the next post which will outline the must-have topics that the community is looking for on the AgileAus19 program.