What we are looking for at AgileAus19!
You may be aware that in 2019 AgileAus will be accepting Expressions Of Interest (EOIs) to shape a program that aims to represent, nourish, surprise and delight the community.
What are we looking for?
Building the AgileAus program is more art than science, and often the most memorable lessons come about in the most unexpected ways.
We have found, however, that over the years the community has landed on some criteria that help encourage the kind of content that has the most potential to deliver value to the AgileAus audience.
When reviewing EOIs to build the Conference program, a team of dedicated stream chairs and reviewers will be taking into consideration the following:
Is what you are sharing your own or your company’s experience? Is it an original perspective on an ancient topic? Is it an honest reflection with unique insights?
Are you able to articulate one idea well? Is your idea going to equip an audience to share clear lessons with their teams and organisations? Do you have real-life examples to support your idea?
Are you overtly or covertly trying to sell a product or service? No one wants to see a sales pitch! Vendor-agnostic talks are the go 🙂
Does your idea have the potential to move the AgileAus community forward? Could it be inspiring, enlightening and challenging to a potentially large audience?
Is your idea relevant for the AgileAus audience? Does it address touch on the theme of Seeking The Agile Mindset? Does it speak to topics identified as a ‘must-have’ by the AgileAus community?
While receiving feedback is optional in 2019, being open to feedback and input from peers (which again is optional to act upon), is favoured.
In the shortlisting and final stages of reviewing, the reviewing community will be taking special care ensure that no constituency is over or underrepresented across the breadth of EOIs, which include (but are not limited to) the following considerations:
- A balance between theory and practice
- A balance between tech and non-tech talks
- A diverse representation of different organisation sizes (from enterprise to startup), and industries (from financial services to NFP)
- A large variance in speaker roles and job titles
- Ample representation of underrepresented groups and individuals.
It’s a two-way street! When reviewing EOIs for AgileAus19 – the reviewing community commits to:
- Honesty, transparency, support and constructive feedback
- Giving submitters every opportunity to create the best talk they can
- Once confirmed, speakers will be given the utmost support to ensure they have all they need to make their message resonate with the audience!
If you’d like to put some ideas out to the AgileAus community, EOIs for AgileAus19 are opening very soon so please watch this space.
We can’t wait to hear all your insights!
This blog is part of an AgileAus19 program design series – the next post which will outline the must-have topics that the community is looking for on the AgileAus19 program.